The Art of Influence
Visionary leaders influence every company member and promote change, growth and an increase in motivation. Visionary leaders are dynamic communicators, effective relationship managers and goal-driven professionals.
Course Duration: Three days
Unit 1: Visionary Leadership
Developing vibrant leadership ability.
- Leadership vs. Management
- Leadership and Integrity
- Influence and the five levels of leadership
- Types of Leadership: Visionary leadership
- Case Study: Leadership development - understanding the different stages
- Leadership and Ethics
- Case Study: Everest Disaster
- Understanding leadership and trust
- Self Evaluation - understanding your current leadership style
Unit 2: Encouraging Positive Change
Promote positive change in the team.
- Leader as a change agent
- Change Management Checklist
- The Cycle of Change
- Creating a Climate of Change
- Leadership and Attitude
- Case Study: Winning
Unit 3: Motivating the Team
Developing effective, energetic employees.
- Encouraging participation
- Team goal-setting approaches
- People development: strategies to develop the team
- Motivational approach: communicating and influencing team members
- Execution: turning ideas into reality at work as a team
Unit 4: Productivity & Problem Solving Practices
Solving team and productivity issues creatively.
- Assessing productivity of the team
- Developing strategies to deal with challenging individuals
- Advice from the leaders: extract analysis
- Problem solving ideas: Mind Mapping, Appreciation and the Six Thinking Hats
Unit 5: Communication & Diversity
Harnessing diversity and difference.
- Assessing your workgroup
- Work Styles and Generational Theory
- Case Study: communication problem analysis and development of strategy for improvement
Unit 6: Conflict Management
Effective conflict management makes for cohesive, cooperative teams.
- Understanding 'Emotional Intelligence' and how it relates to conflict in the workplace
- Managing Conflict: understanding your natural response
- Strategies to improve working relationships and increase productivity
- Assignment 6: Analysing conflict situations in the workplace
Ingwe Corporate Training is an accredited provider with the Services SETA (SETQAA Decision number 1994). All courses are aligned to current unit standards.